Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 9 in Haiti


Guess what? We had pancakes again! Yesterday was a very moving day for me; I had to say my testimony at church. I was very nervous. I really hoped that the people were moved by it. Today is a rest day for us; we got to sleep in an hour and a half. We felt much rested. In our bible study we read 2 corinthians 4: 1-6. After lunch we headed down to the beach to have a nice relaxing time and we were growing as a team. I’m so glad the God made this team. I have learned so much about God though them than I had ever before. I pray that when we head back to Canada and back to our old lives that we will keep in touch and we can still server god together.

Tomorrow is a big day, we have another health day. We are going to teach them how to clean there water properly and show them a new ways to do it. We have some Haitian nurses to them teach about vaccinations, washing their hands, and how they can properly take care for their children. We have a little station for the kids to show them how to wash there hands and how to brush their teeth. I am really excited about it.

Being in Haiti has helped me to have a deeper relationship with God and it’s amazing. The people here in Haiti are happy and they have such a thirst to learn about God’s word. It’s amazing to have the opportunity to grow with them and to grow in our relationships with each other. They will always be in our hearts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Kendra, We all learned more about God through you too! I am so glad you had a good day. Pancakes and the beach on the same day....you can't beat that. Have fun teaching the children tomorrow. I will pray.

    ReplyDelete