Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Safe Arrival

Hi Team and all,

Eric, Lindsey and I arrived safely in Red Deer near midnight after a long day. Going back into Port-Au-Prince after experiencing the shelter of Haiti Arise was shocking. Even at 6 Am the clamor, smells and crowds were overwhelming. The three of us spent the day reminicing and trying to put things into perspective as we completed our evaluations and debriefing forms. What an incredibly valuable experience. I realized that, in Gods design, absolutely everything is knit together. There are no loose strands.

Eric and Lindsey spent at least part of the night here to get some sleep and then left early to return to Cold Lake. This morning, my body is here with my boys but my heart is in Haiti with my team (Keith and, apparently, the rest of our 'children' - I am honored!).

Today is prenatal health clinic day at Haiti Arise. As you prepare, I feel all of your emotions. Do not be discouraged! Remember John 15:16 - "You did not choose me, but I chose you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name." I am praying for you and the Haitians that will be impacted through you today.

Say Hi to Mirto, Janan, Izgar, David, Miriam and most of all Frankie - Tell him its another day of tete (breastfeeding) at Haiti Arise. It is 8:50 and your first patients are at the gate waiting to see you. 'According to me' what you are doing is the best way! There are no loose strands.

Enormous Blessings
Bonnie

PS - Did Madam Atis make you pancakes this morning?

2 comments:

  1. No pancakes (:-(

    thanks for the encouragement.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie! We miss you! Your words of encouragement came at exactly the right time -- thank you. Gave Frankie your message and he says hello back! We're starting up again in an hour... We've tried to send word for your boy and are praying that he'll be back today. I'll keep you posted. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete