Saturday, October 30, 2010

Departing but not done!

Friday Oct 29.

We are up @ 3:45am(2:45 our time) to start our journey home. Leaving Haiti Arise @ 4:45 we experience the start of a new day in Haiti. As we approach PAP the sun comes up, the traffic and people get heavier and busier to the point that we are just crawling along a few feet at a time. The sounds, smells and sights heighten our senses as we make our way to the airport. We finally arrive at the airport at 7:30 and say our final good byes for this trip to Streling and Lucianna.
Struggling through the crowd and porters we get in and through the first step of security and check in for our flights. At some point through this process I have misplaced my cell phone or was relieved of it. We cleared the rest of the security and board the plane for the first flight on our way home. Flying through Ft. Lauderdale, Dallas and arriving in Calgary at 10pm. then home to Red Deer and bed around 1:30am. Sat.
As I sit here typing and reflecting, I shiver and realise that I am not sweating, its 10am and my shirt still dry. I also can't believe that I was up at 7am. I'm sure I will need to rest today.

Thank you so much to our families, friends and prayer warriors for your prayers, support and encouragement while while we where on this mission.
May God continue to lead and guide us all as we re-enter our routines here at home. I pray that we take what we have experienced in Haiti and apply it to our lives here at home and BOLDLY move forward and trust in the God.
Thank you Richard, Venta, Simon, Darlene, Pat, Katrina, Mike, Kendra, Lenic and Nelda for being on this journey with me. There is more for us to experience!
Blessings to all.
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment