Saturday, October 23, 2010

Eye Opener

Its been an exciting day all around, several of us went into Petite Goave today and had the market experience. You could find just about anything there, from super soakers, to discmans to fish and motoroil all under the same roof. I have been trying to get the Haitian money around in my brain. They have Gourdes aka Gooda's and also Haitian dollars, but they will also take American dollars. We did a little business with the folks at the market, a couple of wooden spoons and hair bobbles were bought. along with the food supplies for the week. Yes, I did sit on a bag of potatos (?) in the back of the truck on the way back....how many people CAN you cram on a truck?
There were protestors in town, and the UN and the police. I felt save though. I can feel the power of prayer. We are very blessed to have a team of people praying for us!
Kendra, Nelda and I started painting the school this afternoon. A nice coat of primer in the principal's office :)
I have had the opportunity to massage the kitchen ladies here. It's so incredubly rewarding to get their hugs and merci's !
The food has been delicious and the sleeps have been good (especially since I moved from the top bunk to the bottom!)
I have seen barely any creepy crawlies...a cockroach and a couple of geckos and half a lizard, which I think the cat brought in.
Well, I smell supper so its time to jet!!

1 comment:

  1. wanted to let you know that the youth are meeting tonight and we will be praying for Mike and the rest of the team. Always in our thoughts and prayers = Bonnie, Steve and boys

    ReplyDelete